Thursday, March 11, 2010

One week later


I just checked the Iditarod website and discovered that the halfway point has been reached. That puts me way behind. I'm just past the halfway point of the first sock. There are several good reasons for this, not the least of which is that I tend to knit slowly.

The second is that the socks are black with grey running through the pattern - very nice actually, and the yarn feels great, but it's hard to stay inspired working with mostly black. Did I mention that these are for my husband, who is sort of a vanilla kind of guy, especially where socks are concerned?

But the real reason for my slow down is the fact that since I discovered Ravelry, I have found that several of the groups on there have caught my interest. Two of them involve literary series that I enjoy, and I have taken on a reread. One of these series - Diana Gabaldon's Outlander - is up to 7 volumes of 800-900 pages each. The other is Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time. There are at present 12 volumes in that and they are all at least 750 pages long. Then there's work, house, husband, beagles, church and keeping up with my family via phone, text and facebook. I'm lobbying for a slowdown in the earth's rotation so that the days become about 30 hours long. But I'd probably decide to sleep for the extra time. Oh, well.

Anyway, I am this far at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment