Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Reflections on Ikniterod


Well, I finished. Probably the last into the barn, but I finished. I think this is my 6th pair of socks in 2010. Scary.

I have learned the following:

1. Black socks, even with gray and white flecks or stripes, are not particularly inspiring. It's very hard to keep going for long periods of time. It becomes harder and harder to see the stitches clearly after a certain point in the evening. I don't think I will be knitting black socks again, especially where deadlines come into play.


2. My husband's feet are larger than mine. I knew that going in, but I thought I'd do a pair for him first and then start on another pair for me. He only has one other pair. I at this point have about a dozen. However, larger pairs naturally involve more stitches and rows, so they take longer. Again, not a good idea where deadlines are involved.


3. I will never contemplate knee socks for any sort of athletic endeavor that doesn't last at least a month. That leaves me with the World Cup, although I find it very difficult to knit through soccer matches.


4. In the future, I think I will confine my competitive urges to wild, loud colors for either me or people with smaller feet than I have.


5. Now I can return to my other hobby of yelling at the antics of the US Government as it tries to spend all my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment